I'm a bit late with this month's sketch blog post. This month it's a single page sketch, using just one photo and making it the focal point of the page. I think this would work really well in a traveler's notebook, as it lends it self to the slim pages. I will definitely be using it when I journal in the boys' TNs.
So without any more delay, let's take a look at June's sketch...
- you know by now, how I always add the date to my pages, so I've added it here at the top on one of these flags.
- first thing you see on this page is the photo. I have put it up at the top in the middle to be the focal point of the page.
- I wanted to add something different, so I used these flag style embellishments behind the photo. I used different patterned paper but plain coloured paper would work too.
- we have the usual washi tape along the side of the photo and journaling and I've added a couple of wording die cuts there too.
- there's a good amount of space for your journaling at the bottom here.
- I've added the title along the middle here. It would maybe work better with a short one word title but you could have the title on two lines, depending on how much space you have.
- lastly we have a cluster of embellishments here. I am loving using my 1" circle punch and using co-ordinating papers for my embellishments.
I've added the usual enamel dots to my layout too and I'm really happy with the finally result. Again, like last month's sketch this one is very simple and a quick layout to do if you are short on time. This one will definitely be used again!
You can watch me create these pages in my Journal With Me video. Just click on the photo above to go and watch.
If you'd like to download this sketch to use yourself, you can get it HERE. I hope you you like it and if you create any pages with my sketches I would love to see them, you can tag me @cornflower_lane on Instagram.
I'll see you next month with another layout sketch.
Thanks for stopping by and we'll catch up soon.