We're back to look at another layout sketch. April's sketch is a double page one, it's a symmetrical layout with more space for photos and embellishments. So let's take a look at the layout.
1. lots of space to add your embellishments in this spread. I must admit, double page layouts are my favourite as you have a lot more space to work with!
2. there is room in this layout to add 3 photos. I've laid them out so the spread has a symmetrical look.
3. it probably goes without saying to add some patterned paper as the background to your pages. However, this may not be needed if you are using a journal that is already made up of patterned pages. In which case you can probably slip this step, one less decision to make too!
Let me know which you prefer, journals full of patterned paper all ready to use or plain pages that you add patterned paper too? When I make my journals I do a mix, but I have actually started adding more patterned paper.
4. I've added the journaling here to complete the symmetrical look. Of course you may want to break the journaling up with some word/phrase die cuts or stickers. I find I'm doing this more on my pages as it adds another element, more colour and extra interest to the layout.
5. again I love a title! You can make one up using alpha stickers, write your own with colourful pens - I love the Posca pens - or use a die cut or sticker. I would suggest using a large die cut or sticker though, so it stands out as a title.
6. you probably know I love adding a date too! I add the full date, I have a stamp, which makes it super easy. If you aren't too bothered about adding the full date you could add just the day, month or year if you prefer.
I hope you like this month's sketch. You can watch me create these pages, just click on the photo above.
Let me know if you prefer single or double page spreads? I tend to do more double pages just because I normally have more than one photo and it's a lot easier to fit them on a double page. However, if I have a single photo I nearly always do a single page layout. Perhaps I need to try a single photo on a double page. (You might have a clue to next month's sketch there!)
If you haven't downloaded this month's sketch yet and would like to, you can get it HERE. If you share on Instagram please tag me @cornflower_lane, I'd love to see your pages.
Lastly I'd just like to let you know I used one of my own kits for this spread and if you'd like to go and have a look at them they are still available in my shop HERE.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you found some inspiration.
I'll be back soon with another blog post.